It is well known to everyone that Aadhar Card Number is 12 Digit unique Identification Number, which is issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). According to UIDAI upto December 2018 total, 1.2 Billion people have enrolled for Aadhar Card.
Aadhar Card Update Status Online
In my previous Post, I have discussed step by step process about How to Update Aadhar Card at SSUP Portal Online. After Aadhar Updation process you will get one URN Number to Track Your Aadhar Update Status Online. So, in this Article, I am going to discuss about the full process to Check Aadhar Update Status Online at SSUP Portal by URN Number.
Now, before moving forward to know the process of How To Check Aadhaar Status Online, here is quick summary about Aadhar Correction Process for those who don’t know the Aadhar Correction Process.
- Read about process of Aadhar Correction Process.
SSUP – Aadhar Update Process
- First of all Visit Aadhar Self Service Update Portal also called SSUP
- Log in with you’re 12 digit Aadhar card Number
- After that Selection of Appropriate field, You need to Update from Name, Address, Mobile Number, Gender and Date of Birth which you want to change.
- Fill out Correct Information in the Given form carefully.
- Upload required Identity Documents for Verification purpose (for Example. PAN Card, DL, Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card etc)
- After the Submit the Form
- And now you have to select BPO Service Provider for Aadhar Card Delivery.
That’s it! Your New Aadhar Will be updated and available for download eAadhar within few weeks once your application will be accepted.
Check Aadhar Update Status Online by URN Number
- First, you have visit this URL of UIDAI – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Now just Select Aadhar Update Status.
- In the given field Enter your Aadhar Number & URN Number (as shown in above Image)
- In the third Box Enter the Captcha and Click on Get Status.
Now If your Aadhar Correction Process have successfully verified then You can Download your New Eaadhar but if it’s in under process then you have to wait for few more days and then check Aadhar Update Status again using same URN Number.
Now in upcoming paragraphs I am going to discuss about URN Number. You may be confused or curious to know about what is URN. So, now I am going to tell you about URN Number.
What is URN or URN Number?
URN – Unique Request Number
Whenever you Submit your Aadhar Update or Correction Application you will get a URN (Unique Request Number). Unique Request Number – URN is required to know the Aadhar Card Update Status online, you have to keep it safe. By using the URN Number and Aadhar Card Number you can check Aadhar Card Update Status Online on the Self-service Update portal.
So, I advise you to kindly SAVE your URN Number at a safe place or Write it down somewhere where you can Easily get this in future.
As I briefed you about checking Aadhar Card Update Status by URN and also about URN Numbers. If your Aadhar Card Correction Application will be accepted than you can download eAadhar easily by using above mentioned method. But it may that your Aadhar Update Application is rejected.
So now I am going to tell you the basic reasons for Aadhar Card Rejection. You have to keep in mind below mentioned points to avoid such rejection.
Reasons for Aadhar Card Rejection!
You are aware about Aadhar Card Update Application and Aadhar Update Status. Now After all these processes It is possible that your Aadhar Card Application may get Rejected. You can keep these points in mind while updating the Aadhar.
When you check your Aadhar Card Update Status Online you may see one status out of three below mentioned
- ‘Under Review’
- ‘Rejected’ or
If you arre getting Aadhar Update Status Listed as ‘Rejected’, the following reasons might be possible for the Rejection.
- Inadequate documents were submitted while updating.
- Incorrect or wrong details submitted.
- Human error or technical error when filling the request form.
In case Your Aadhar Update Application Rejected, You can simply Re-apply for the Same. For re-applying, you have to Visit your Nearest Aadhar Card Kendra and give them all the correct details. Then fill out new Form correctly and submit the Form with all required self-attested documents and they will they will give you URN and few more Information about Updates.
If you are still facing any Problem, Please Comment Down below and I will try to Solve your Problems.